First Baptist Church Naples Prayer Ministry
Scripture prayers: Be merciful to [us], O God, be merciful to [us], for in you [our souls take] refuge; in the shadow of your wings [we] will take refuge, till the storms of destruction pass by. Psalm 57:1 (ESV)
May the God of hope fill [us] with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit [we] may abound in hope. Romans 15:13 (ESV)
Our Mission Partners:
- Praise God for the safe return of the Jacksonville mission team... there should be a mission recap video shown this weekend.
- Praise God that our partner, TACTICA (Police and SWAT training ministry), was able to have a positive meeting with the Costa Rican Minister of Public Security and his Vice Minister of Police Operations. This meeting will hopefully result in collaboration and future open doors for ministry.
- Pray for the crisis in Nicaragua. One of the pastors who was trained by our partners (Alongside Ministries - Alvaro and John Edie) was killed along with his family in the conflict.
- Praise God that our former mission partner in Asia is going to be able to continue working for the C12 Group (equip Christian CEOs and owners to build Great businesses for a Greater purpose!). Continue to pray for their family's transition.
- Pray for our partner Protected Harbor as they are looking for a volunteer to serve as a coordinator for our volunteers.
- Pray for our partner PRC (Pregnancy Resource Center) as they prayerfully move ahead in their plan to build a residential home. The Guest House will provide low-income pregnant women a safe place to live while they continue their education, receive life-skill training, learn through local internships and discover who they are in Christ.
- Pray for those whose lives were touched through FBCN Vacation Bible School. Pray that they will grow spiritually and their lives will affect their families and bring whole households to Christ. One 2nd grader who prayed to receive Christ said, "I never talked to God before." Her family tends to be in the Christmas and Easter crowd and needs Christ to redeem their lives not just garnish the holidays.
Mission Trips - Current:
- Pray for Fernando Facioli equipping pastors and leaders in the Amazon Basin (Brazil).
- Pray for the Tanzania team (June 16-30).
Mission Trips - Soon To Depart <-------click here.
Watching and Praying for First Baptist Church Naples
As you pray for the Worship services and Bible & Life Groups, this acrostic may be helpful in praying for BLESSING:
B Bible studies in BLGs and Men’s and Women’s Ministries
L Lost that they might be convicted, saved and baptized
E Encouragement of the saints and opportunities to engage with others in ministry
S Sermons by the Pastor
B Bible exposition and clarification
D Delivery and communication as God leads.
E Edifying the saved and Enlightening the lost to the gospel
S Singing and worship
I Invasion of the Spirit and Insight into God’s activity in our midst
G Glory to God
Prayer Before and During the Services
Purityof Heart and Readiness of praying: “If I regard sin in my heart, He will not hear me” (Ps 66:18)
- Sincere and Genuine Worship
- Prepare to hear God with a clear mind and open heart
- Spiritual warfare against Satan’s interference or attack
Willingnessof all who hear to respond as the Holy Spirit leads, including outwardly responding by walking down the aisle to make a decision, to seek additional direction or counsel (Matt 13:4)
During the week seek to pray unitedly with others in the Prayer Ministry:
Sat/Sunday Seeking the Lord in Worship services and BLGs.
Monday Money - Praying for: the budget, FBA scholarships, building program, economy, jobs, missions.
Tuesday Transforming America in prayer for revival, for the President and his cabinet and other elected officials. Pray for other issues as the Lord leads: abortion, marriages, national defense, racial reconciliation, etc.
Wednesday Workers in ministry and various ministries.
Thursday Telling the lost. Praying specifically for the unsaved, as well as for missions and missionaries.
Friday Family – Praying for your family.