The School of Worship Arts
The Music Ministry of First Baptist Church of Naples is pleased to announce the opening of the School of Worship Arts.
For adults and children ages 4+, we will be offering private and group lessons on the church campus with experienced musicians who are devoted to giving their talents to the Lord.
The FBCN School of Worship Arts exists to develop Christ-honoring worshipers through quality instruction for the purpose of exalting the Lord with their God-given talents and abilities.
Private Lessons are offered in the following areas:
Group lessons may be offered in the following areas. Offerings are determined each semester based on interest and instructor availability. Please indicate your interest in a group class on the Registration Form.
Music Theory Steel Drums
Private Lessons are offered once a week for 30 or 60 minutes. Group classes are 60 minutes.
Lessons are scheduled Monday through Friday, from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm. They begin no earlier than 9:00 am and must conclude by 6:00 pm.
FALL 2020 (14 weeks)
August 17 - November 20
Tuition for 60 minute lessons: $728 (or 4 monthly payments of $182)
- Tuesdays from 3 - 4 pm.
- Taught by Dr. Todd F. Stearns.
- Cost is $100. Due in full by August 17.
Steel Drums Group Class for Middle & High School Students. The PanCats Steel Drum Band will be learning to play traditional and contemporary music from the Caribbean islands utilizing steel drums and percussion instruments.
- Thursdays from 3:15 - 4:30 pm in the FBA Band Room.
- Taught by Rob Platter.
- 2 Classes will be given in the Fall: 1st Quarter (August 27-October 1) & 2nd Quarter (October 22 - December 3).
- Registration fee is $7 per quarter.
- Cost is $100 per quarter. Due in full at time of registration.
- All class supplies are provided.
- Each quarter has a separate online registration form (see links below).
SPRING 2021 (16 weeks)
January 4 - April 30
Tuition for 60 minute lessons: $832 (or 4 monthly payments of $208)
Group Classes: TBD
- Students must register online or contact the School Office for a paper form.
- You may register at any point during the semester, assuming there are still openings available.
- A registration fee of $15 is due for each Fall and Spring Semester at the time of registration. If we are unable to place you with an instructor, this fee will be refunded.
- Tuition for private lessons will be invoiced to you on a monthly basis; however, you may pay in full at any time.
- Once registration is complete, the School Office will match you with an instructor and lesson time. Students are assigned to instructors and classes based on paid registration date, new or returning students, instrument level, time preference, instructor availability, etc.
- You will receive a Welcome letter via email with your assigned instructor, lesson time and payment information.
The School does not provide instruments or curriculum. Each student will need to provide his/her own instrument and other accessories as required by the instructor. A piano or keyboard will be in each studio room. The instructor will inform parents and students of any needed curriculum, including music, method books and theory books, and those will need to be purchased by the students.
Students are responsible for contacting the instructor and then the School Office if a lesson will be missed. Make up lessons will be given during the make up week at the end of each semester.
Contact information will be provided to the student and instructor.
Lessons will not be made up if they are missed or denied due to late or outstanding payment. Students are responsible for paying for all lessons in the semester, regardless of attendance.
If a student wishes to discontinue lessons, please notify the School office. Refunds can be given for the balance of the semester in most situations.
Due to the nature of group classes, we will not be able to issue refunds or schedule make-up classes for any individual missing a group class.
Lessons will be given on the FBCN church campus in the following rooms: Choir Room (WC129), the Worship Ministry Conference Room (WC138), and the Worship Ministry administration offices, AD114 and AD116. Each room will have a parent waiting area nearby. A campus map and directions to your room will be provided in your Welcome letter.
All lessons will take place on the church campus. Rooms have windows and video surveillance for the protection of all parties. In addition, background checks are acquired for all instructors prior to their hire.